Release Your Limiting Beliefs
Our thoughts come in 2’s; yours, mine, everyone’s and they’re not always positive.
Let’s take a look at how our thoughts set us up for worry and doubt.
“I could’ve done better.”
“Am I good enough?” /
“It feels like they’re judging me.”
“Hope my car doesn’t run out of gas.” /
“If only I had filled the tank.”
We have 60,000 to 80,000 thoughts per day and according to research, as many as 98% of them are exactly the same as we had the day before. Talk about creatures of habit! Even more significant, 80% of our thoughts are negative.
We all have thoughts of doubt that become limiting beliefs but, unfortunately, most of them lie hidden within us – out of sight. These beliefs are often so subtle and so routine to us that we are unable to recognize them. They hide in our subconscious like chameleons that are right in front of us but can’t be seen because they blend in so well with the background.
Let me introduce you to one of my business clients, Rebecca, who had some stress issues and success blocks that she wanted to explore. We started our EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) session by tapping on various beliefs and fears around unworthiness, guilt, rejection, greed, and scarcity. There wasn’t a significant emotional charge to any of these, so I suggested to Rebecca that we tap on the different EFT points. While doing so, she was to ask her subconscious to relax and be receptive to what the block might be. In less than a minute, it happened. Rebecca had an “aha” moment and an emotional reaction when she uncovered her limiting belief. The intensity of her feelings was quite high; on a scale from 0 – 10, it was a strong 10. After tapping through a few rounds of EFT, her emotions went from a 10 to a 4. Being able to pinpoint her limiting belief allowed the Tapping to zero in on Rebecca’s stuck emotions and release them from her body. As we continued to Tap the level went down to a 0. She smiled and had a palpable calmness about her.
What was Rebecca’s limiting belief? It’s one that many people have without realizing it:
Rebecca remembered hearing this statement from her 1st grade teacher. Since an authority figure had said it, Rebecca believed it as a “universal truth.” The word “better” is loaded with subjective meanings. Although the teacher may have intended to teach her humility or respect for others, it was the negative affirmation that stuck with her all those years. What if the teacher had flipped the negative statement to a positive one. For example, what if her teacher had said:
- “You have unique talents and abilities and so do other people.”
- “Diversity is wonderful. You’ll find more things to appreciate in people.”
- “Each of us has our own brilliance. What’s yours?”
- “You’re so good at [talent]. Isn’t that exciting?”
Some people are more talented than others at some things or at least they believe they are. Isn’t that the foundation for creating their reality?
- Barbra Streisand is a better singer than most people.
- David Copperfield is a better magician than most people.
- Emeril Lagasse is a better cook than most people.
- Lance Armstrong is a better cyclist than most people.
Each of us is “better” at some things than other people. It may be an innate gift. Some people put more effort into things like honing their talent, having more passion, being more willing to go out of their comfort zone than others. And the list goes on…
If you are experiencing this limiting belief, here are some EFT setup phrases, you might try, starting with taping gently on the side of the hand (karate chop point).
- Even though someone told me a long time ago not to think I’m better than other people, I deeply and completely accept myself.
- Even though [whomever] told me not to think I’m better than other people, it was that person’s issue, not mine.
- Even though [whomever] told me not to think I’m better than other people, I choose to express my talents and skills to the maximum.
- Even though [whomever] told me not to think I’m better than other people, I choose to express my personal genius.
- Even though [whomever] told me not to think I’m better than other people, I am “better” at some things.
It’s true; you are better at some things than others.
I’ve worked with hundreds of people just like Rebecca, you and me and we all have one thing in common: limiting beliefs.
The key is to learn and use EFT Tapping to release the limiting beliefs that are blocking your progressive future. You can erase limiting beliefs and replace them with empowering ones of your choosing.
Here is my UNlimited belief: EFT gives you the power to change your life. You 2?
Karen St.Clair, AAMET Certified EFT Practitioner is a highly skilled professional with a true gift for facilitating her clients’ life-changing outcomes. She specializes in thorough energy clearing with EFT Tapping and is the founder of Reiki Tap Renewal℠, a modality that combines the energy psychology of EFT and the healing energy of Reiki.
Book an appointment today at Karen’s Touch Point Studio or via Zoom video conferencing:
207-878-8315. For more info, visit: KarenStClairEFT.com